Lab 2 Questions, 17 October 2016
- What is a server? How is it different than a standard computer?
What are the tags needed for HTML tables?
- A server is a computer or computer program that manages access to a centralized resource or service in a network.
What does an iFrame allow you to do?
- The tags needed for html tables are, table, tr, td, thead, tbody, and th.
What does the a tag do?
- An iframe tag allows you to embed another document within the current html document.
What does the tr tag do?
- The a tag defines a hyperlink which can link different webpages together
- The tr tag creates rows in a table.
Lab 2 Research Questions, 18 October 2016
Instructions: Find a web development company.
- What does it cost to have them create a webpage?
How long does it take?
- It is estimated that a custom WordPress theme will cost around $3,000 – $6,000 (for design and development), and a custom WordPress website is around $6,000 – $15,000 (for design and development, with custom plugins)
- A basic template website takes little time at all, a few weeks tops. But they often don't come with content so that can hold things up. Or, if content is included, it's usually not very good because it's just copy/pasted from manufacturer websites or other places. But a good, custom website can take 3-5 months.